Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Why is it....

Why is it that the least attractive girl standing in the hall, with the whitest, fattest, dimpliest legs is wearing the shortest skirt? I had to look at her a couple of times to make sure she wasn't wearing a figure skating skirt... She'd have been fine in a pair of jeans, but a skirt that barely covers her backside just isn't attractive... someone needs to tell her.

Why is it that my 7:45 class is sleepy when I have all that caffeine energy, and my 12:45 class is all wide-awake when I need a nap?

Why is it that some faculty members don't accept the fact that THEY need to revise some of their courses? I'm wondering what else I can do to persuade those folks down the hall that they ARE responsible for the pitiful state of their course outline and transfer-curriculum documents? I suppose the fact that they haven't really had consequences before gives them the message that they can get away with it this time -- but, the mandate comes from outside the school, so pulling rank in administrator's offices won't cut it this time, sorry.

Why does monopoly air suck so much? I can fly to California cheaper than I can fly to Red State... there is no real relationship between the distance flown and the ticket cost.

Why do my cats still "fight" ?-- New Kitty and Extra-toes had it out in the kitchen tonight. I'm not sure what they could possibly be fighting about, but since they can't talk, don't spend money and don't have sex -- I'm really at a loss as to what could be the source of their disagreement.

5 comments:

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

In the past week I've seen those too-short skirts. On pasty white, fat, dimpled legs that belong to middle-aged woman who a) should know better, and b)apparently don't own mirrors. One was almost Brintey-Spears-short. and it was on a mom who was grocery shopping with her kids.

Dr. Crazy said...

As for the kitties, I have one answer and one answer only: turf wars. Somebody was lying around where the other one wanted to be. Only possible answer :)

Seeking Solace said...

In addition to the too short skirts, there are the girls who are a bit heavy and wear their clothes so tight that they look like a sausage.

I would submit that the kitties are fighting because they can't talk, spend money or have sex!

Pilgrim/Heretic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pilgrim/Heretic said...

My thought on the kitties was - no conversation, no money, no sex, what else is there to do but fight?

Mine stage a giant battle every night at 11 pm; it's a daily ritual.