Friday, September 07, 2007

the thing about living close to my CC...

is that I run into students EVERYWHERE!

In the coffee shop today, one of the dorkiest looking guys I've ever taught was shooting me dagars from across the room. He didn't do well in my course. Of course, showing up awake and having an IQ higher than my paperweight rock might have helped...

I guess it all balances out...
At the Chili's Parkside to Go parking lot I parked next to one of my favorite students. When I met her she was a newly recalled flight attendant for the local monopoly air last fall. She started class laid-off from monopoly air and then got recalled after the college's drop period. She came to me worried about how her work schedule would impact her coursework. She and I made a plan about how to manage the inevitible schedule interruptions and she both went back to flying and finished my class -- including fully participating in a group presentation! All she needed was a little bit of flexibility from me to make it work...

now, back to work on the hot dog paper...

No comments: