Saturday, September 29, 2007

Good things about Red State...

I had another one of those perfect Red State Saturday mornings.

I slept in (for me) until almost 8:00... then I went to the farmer's market. At the farmer's market I got a bunch of veggies, the world's best salad mix, some blue cheese bread, salsa and flowers.

I love the Red State farmer's market because it is really farmers from around the area... It isn't too big, there is a lot of variety, and the crowds aren't awful. Plus, there is plenty of free parking and fun shops at which to window shop on the way back to your car.

On the way back I stopped at Whole Foods for olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mozzarella, and blue cheese for the salad. Then I went to Brueggers for bagels and SBucks for coffee.

When I went to pay for our coffee, the person at the window told me that the car in front of me had paid for mine... When I paid for the person behind me, she told me that I was car number 11 in the pay for the person behind them chain. One weekend they had a string of 50 cars do it... which was pretty cool. I imagine that the last car didn't have anybody behind them -- or, at least I like to think that :).

Today I'll spend the afternoon at my new desk (i.e. a card table) in hubby's office -- looking out the window and appreciating my Red State flowers as I grade. When I need a snack, we have plenty of good healthy veggies to eat. When we need a break, we'll go to the gym.

Tonight, we'll go for dinner at best Indian food in the world!!

1 comment:

Christopias Spritopher said...

I miss the quaintness of Nebraska like that. I always try to start the 'pay for' chain in Arizona, but it never works and they told me so.