Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not as bad as I'd thought it would be...

I met my classes today --

My logic class started getting into the argument we constructed about the parking lot... my students are enraged about the parking situation -- much more so than any political or social problems.

My Intro to Phil classroom changed at kind of the last minute. What makes me a little worried is that about 50% of the class walked by the bright yellow classroom change sign and sat in the old room waiting for me for 20 minutes. Finally, someone must have thought to check the sign on the door and I got a flood of people into the correct room.

My new debaters have a ton of potential. They are pretty smart-assed and funny. They are also finding time during the school day to work on stuff together -- and they are sharing a textbook! if they can learn to debate together and form a relationship this semester, next year they should be tearing up the circuit. I'm not sure what I'll do -- since I think Sunshine will be around next year as well... I highly doubt Swear Jar will be around to be her partner, but he also isn't talking about going elsewhere for school, at least not to me -- so who knows.

I also made a partner change without a lot of drama. Their old partners decided it would be better for them to class interpersonally than to work with people who lack the ambition to get ready for competition. I thought there might be drama when I made the change -- but, it seems like it worked out ok... hmmm

Tomorrow I'll pack to leave again... this time to Red State, with the debaters in their new configuration.

Wish us luck -- we'll need it :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What makes me a little worried is that about 50% of the class walked by the bright yellow classroom change sign and sat in the old room waiting for me for 20 minutes."

Maybe they were having a Cartesian crisis and believed they were being deceived by their perceptions of the bright yellow sign?

...or something.