Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A new routine

A scene from the Dissertation Chamber:

I'm on my laptop, adjusting PowerPoint slides for the next few class meetings.

My table is in front of the window, outside is a snowy scene -- the sun is shining with a bright blue light --it looks cold.

I have a cup of coffee and "chick talk" radio on to keep me company.

The table is cluttered with my textbooks for this semester -- and graced with a photo of hubby from several summers ago.

Under the table, the front of my feet are chilly -- there is a draft from the window.

The back of my legs are warm, I have the space heater running... the room will be cosy soon.

Extra-toed cat is reclining on the floor in front of the space heater. I think he's found a new friend.

YEA -- this will work.

No comments: