Sunday, November 05, 2006

New long-distance marriage challenge...

So -- on the way home from the airport, hubby mentions the election night chili contest at his uni. He says this kind of like, will you be able to tell me how to make you chili -- you know, give me a recipie or something...

Of course, like any good chili cook, I have no recipie. I go to the store, get the stuff and work on it until it tastes like chili... duh...

We discuss the options and end up with me agreeing to make a batch on Sunday as a starter, then we'll eat some and he can add to it as necessary to bring to school on Tuesday.

As a result, I'll probably do well in a chili contest -- while being in another state. Hubby has decided to call it Red State chili ... in reference to my blog term for this ever so odd but sometimes wonderful state...

but -- dammmmm I make good chili. It smells wonderful and should be just about ready to eat...

No comments: