Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A few questions...

What is the most satisfying household task?
my answer... cleaning the cat box. It is immediate and looking at the smooth, clean litter is somehow soothing.

What small skills make life easier?
my answer... being able to speak to a group and drive a stick-shift car

Are there categories of things that are ok to give as gifts for other reasons (birthday, anniversary, Valentine's etc..) but not for Christmas?
hubby's answer... Christmas gifts stand for gifts to the baby Jesus and it isn't ok to give sex toys to the baby Jesus...
and, no -- I won't give the conversational context... don't worry.

3 comments:

Bardiac said...

Hmm, maybe if the baby's over 18 it's okay?

Seriously, though, I'm thinking context is everything. If there are going to be little kids around, don't have the recipient open racy gifts at that time?

CarpeDM said...

Hmm. I never quite thought of cleaning the litter box that way before. Maybe I'll start thinking of it as a Zen Garden. I bet the cat will be ticked if I start adding rocks, though.

I can usually justify anything and my thought is that the baby Jesus likes us all to be happy and, if the sex toys will make someone happy, then, hey, all the more power to you! Just don't give it to the person in front of Grandma.

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

re: the christmas question, which I linked and didn't comment on, I think it depnds on how you treat the rest of the holiday - if it's mostly a secular holiday to you, sex toys are fine, provided they are given in private. If the baby-Jesus-present-connection is part of your celebration, mmmm, tough call...