Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Grading jail interrupted...

This version of grading jail is brought to you by the number 3 --

after today there are only 3 more full days hubby and I will have to spend completely separated this semester. YEA!!!!

I have 3 cats who have kept me company all semester, and who miss their dad-cat

I have 3 more papers to grade (after the current one)...

Today I saw a great presentation by 3 students, all of whom have had significant challenges this semester. I was very proud of them -- between them they have at least 4 or 5 children ranging from 2 to 27. They have ex-spouses who are trouble, major illnesses in addition to the other kinds of usual money and schedule stresses experienced by many CC students. They also did an extraordinary presentation and I'm proud of them. Last week their ringleader and I had a long talk about how focusing on academic work kept her sane this semester.... and she gained a lot of respect in my eyes as a result.

No comments: