Friday, November 17, 2006

Back in Red State

It is our anniversary weekend.

As of Sunday hubby and I will have been married 16 years. I'll probably post on it later -- this is a weekend-long celebration. For now, suffice it to say that I often can't believe we've been married for 16 years. We can't be nearly that old --- on the other hand, it seems odd to think that there was a time when we weren't married, ever.

So far it has been a good trip...

-- I was able to get on earlier flights and got here at 5:30 instead of 11:00 PM. I LOVE Midwest Airlines. Fly them if you get the chance. They treat you like a human being, are willing to hold a flight so someone can make a connection, they have great seats and warm cookies on-board. It is hard to beat them.

-- We went to Borders, as I've finished "Jesus Land" (which you should read... probably). I'm now starting "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down" -- about a Hmong child. I really should have read this earlier, as many of my BNCC students are Hmong.

--Last night we had another great meal at My favorite Pub... amazing food, nice atmosphere and good service. It doesn't get much better than that! Their spinach salad with warm bacon dressing is really wonderful. For the main courseI had a salmon dish wrapped in filo. It was really, really, really good.

-- Today I'm planning to do some laundry (they have the most amazing washer and dryer, ever..) and read my book. I do have some papers with me, but I may not get to them.

5 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Happy Anniversary :)
16 years is awesome.

Seeking Solace said...

Cheers to you and your hubby!!!!

comebacknikki said...

Happy anniversary! That's so fantastic! :)

Christopias Spritopher said...

Congratulations to your statistic defying feet of staying married! I've known you for ten years, which to me is an amazing long time, and I am glad of that. I happy for you both.

timna said...

Sounds great! Enjoy!