Before I cover the food, I have to tell you that I am going to have llamas when I get old and hubby will have to cope. They are sweet, communal animals with intelligent eyes and a bit of spunk. They also have necks long enough to look me in the eye, but backs low enough to be the size of a big dog..... We should have several, as a lonely llama would be too sad. Clean up is easy, they make a communal dung pile (according to the llama info sheet) and don't poo much.
1) the classic corndog/pronto pup: It was perfect. We were hungry and inhaled inhaled them, but they were darned good.
2) Milkshake, carmel -- yummmm.
3) Cheese Curds: perfect... hot, greasy with a beer batter. A little catsup in the side of the white paper carton and all was good. I ate about half, which helps you not want to kill yourself about 20 minutes after eating the last one.
4) about half of a huge corndog: hubby and I shared it -- and couldn't finish it.
5) Fried Green Tomatoes and corn fritters: they came as a combo... the corn fritters were great, hot and crispy with kernals of corn. The fried green tomatoes were icky... the tomato kind of tasted like a nasty pickle.
6) Hotdish on a stick: The best new thing at the fair -- imagine hamburger hotdish, stuck on a skewer and served with gravy.