Monday, September 25, 2006

Home from tournament #1...

We had a good trip to our first tournament. I took two teams, (four students) only one of which had any previous experience. I've had trouble with this tournament in the past, but today things were much better.

Swear Jar and Sunshine were 4-2, made it to elimination rounds and lost the first on 2-1. Sounds promising, no?? Actually NO -- they make one another nutso... so we'll change. Ms and Dude both date and debate together.... which isn't a good idea ..... they were 2-4 and Ms got a speaker award -- not bad in their first tournament ever.

I'm going to put Swear Jar and Dude together and then put Sunshine and Ms together. I think it will be good all around -- I'll probably take them to another tounament in a couple of weeks --

It was fun to see old friends and make some new ones. Our region has gained a huge debate-coaching talent, whom I knew from elsewhere. The idea that this person will be at tournaments all over our area from now on is great!

Time to go to bed -- we left on Friday morning and back at about midnight Sunday -- yea, I'm earning my release time!

1 comment:

T-Mac said...

Wow, sounds like a good tournament! Good call on splitting them up, that'll work out well in the long run I think. Get some sleep!