Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Writing -- lost direction

So -- after putting 80-90 pages of paper out for comment and having no responses yet -- I'm feeling a bit lost as to where to go next. I should start another chapter, but I'm kind of lacking an idea and I'm having a hard time getting one going.

Yesterday I pulled a stack of articles out of the philosopher's index -- some of which are directly on my topic.. Today I sorted them out and categorized them. Now they are all sitting there waiting to be read-- sadly, they won't read themselves.

Part of the good news in all of this is that there seem to be only three articles on one of the more original portions of my dissertation. Maybe I'll read them this afternoon and write a short reaction to get things moving or, maybe I'll let the white cat who so politely sits on me while I blog keep me in this chair a while longer... she's old and thus successufl in her demands.

1 comment:

T-Mac said...

Your cat sounds awesome...good luck!