Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home TV - a guilty pleasure

On the theme of playing like it is really cold outside...

Yesterday I went shopping... i've decided I need some new clothes for school and have been really lucky at finding sales etc... I also bought some make-up yesterday.... for those of you who know me "in person", you'll know what a big deal that is...until yesterday I was the original no make-up girl. Since I'll be looking at the Red State job market this fall, I realized I should change my image a little -- to be "more professional" -- so, it is make-up and a little bit dressy for me....

I also bought a foof for my PowerBook -- the dark blue one. Since it is coming from Australia, it will take a while.... it, along with my stuff from Le Sportsac. Since I'll be coming home without hubby, a couple of consolation prizes is ok....

Today hubby and I slept in and then hung out in bed with the cat boys until almost 3:00 PM.... He ways playing a video game and I was reading "Pledge", about the Greek system... When we managed to haul ourselves out of bed, hubby went to longtime friend's to play some video game and I stayed home to make tuna-pasta salad, which is in the fridge getting better as I type.

On TV is something that seems to be more of a trend -- "Flip that House" shows featuring black people as the flippers. They are entrepreneurs who are going into black neighborhoods, hiring black sub-contractors and usually selling to black people. While I'm not at all surprised that this is going on, I'm very surprised that they put it on TV. In the end of these shows, they generally show the flipper making a decent amount of money.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

I saw that episode! The house was in pretty bad shape, but they did a great job fixing it. It is nice to see the flipping is equal opportunaty!