Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mother's Day in July

Mom and I are busy people... I had a vision of meeting her half-way between her house up north and mine in the city for lunch and a pedicure as a Mother's day present. I figured we'd do this the week after Mother's day -- yea, right...

So... finally, it comes to July --

We had lunch at a great place over on the river -- a river view and sharing of food -- mom ordered a sweet potato and avacado sandwich (sounds odd, tastes amazing...) I got a steak sandwich and we traded halves...

After lunch we went to the salon for pedicures. I have at least a couple per summer --- mom has never had one.

as we were getting our pedicures the bit of family history came up that we never seem to celebrate holidays on the actual holiday and this Mother's Day was no exception. It was nice, none-the-less.

No comments: