Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's out and so are we...

Last night I sent my second area paper in ---- I'm sure it isn't perfect and it could be a simplistic piece of crap, but it is my simplistic piece of crap and it is done..... if all the papers I've sent to grad school are deemed acceptable, I'll be officially ABD in the fall. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frankly, I haven't been in a hurry to do write these papers until this summer so they can read at their leisure -- or, in the first two weeks of school ---

I also spent yesterday with my fun summer project committee -- we get along pretty well -- which is a pleasant surprise to me. My blind cat decided to chew on a piece of paper I needed during the meeting --- so telling a colleague that my cat ate his homework was the source of endless amusement.

And... yesterday Swear Jar decided to go to camp in Wyoming... that GOD we aren't going... two weeks living in the dorms at debate camp would make me crazy.... I happily did the paperwork, bought him an airline ticket and sent him on his merry way....

Today we are going to "America's North Coast" -- i.e. the North Shore of Lake Superior... and waaaaaay up the North Shore at that. The first couple of hours of the drive aren't that great, but after that it is a pretty drive and a great destination.

The thing is that we'll be out of internet range until Friday night. That is a looooong time for us. There is also no TV or phone in our room. It is an old-fashioned resort. We'll bring books and probably some boardgames or something... I'm debating about bringing my laptop. I'll probably do so, if only so I can dump my digital photos.

We'll be home for the next heatwave... aargh -- maybe I can convince hubby to stay up there for a while... we'd probably have to move to a hotel with internet :) -- we'll see. The problem is that my little plan would shoot down my plan to go counter to "up north" traffic if we don't come home until Sunday.

now -- time to fill-up the kitty vacation feeders, pack my bag and select my books for the week and go...

1 comment:

T-Mac said...

Yay! Congrats! :-)