Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You know that student....

... who just doesn't get it.

This one sits near the front, but is in his own little world.

He's a bit older and I sometimes wonder if he's had prolonged exposure to party chemicals -- because he often acts like the stereotypical old stoner-guy.

I sometimes feel bad for snapping at him when he asks a question I've just answered, or when I have to tell him that 'no, you can't take a break right now, I'm about to re-start class' -- which I do because I know that if I let him go, I'll spend the rest of the night answering questions about what I said when he was gone....

On the other hand, I can see the class reaction to him -- when he can't. I have to respect them, they are nicer about it than my younger day classes -- but, after a while I can see why they get irritated when he opens his mouth.

sigh -- I can't wait until May.

No comments: