Monday, March 31, 2008

Mother Nature -- I cry UNCLE!!!

Dear Mother Nature,

What's wrong? -- you are so cranky with BN state lately...

Today is the last day of March --- tomorrow is APRIL....you know, the month we are supposed to have buds on the trees, tender green grass and the end of winter!

In fact, you and the weather people must be cooperating -- because they are making up new warnings... I've never heard them give a "heavy snow warning" -- not a 'winter storm warning or watch', not a 'blizzard warning' or anything like that...

As it is, I'm sitting here with ProfGrrrl's postcard (which looks warm) a vase full of tulips and SNOW outside.

I've had enough. I'm over it. If I weren't so darned ethical I'd call in sick tomorrow just to avoid the snow.

Is this EVER going to stop?

Am I going to spend my dissertation "summer" looking out at the white stuff?

Am I going to be trapped in my apartment while several feet of snow pile up outside?

Is this going to be the first year the outdoor pools won't open, and I'll be stuck doing water aerobics inside all summer?

come on -- give us a break.

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

I'm with you. I heard the beeping of the weather alert on TV and thought, NOT AGAIN! Thankfully, it was just a high wind warning.

I can't take it anymore!

Bardiac said...

/comfort

I'm not mising extra months of snow at ALL. I'm thinking about getting one of those light boxes for next winter, because I really need something.

Here's wishing you some spring flowers soon!