Thursday, March 20, 2008

...and support comes from the most unexpected places..

This debate forum kerfflufle has been an interesting experience....

because it showed me where our actual friends are in the debate world, and they aren't where we thought they were.

hmmmm.

Jason and I do appreciate that support -- even if we can't say so over there... so, thanks!

That said, I know there are many people out there whose coaches won't let them post on that forum. I know that if I still had a team, I wouldn't prohibit it, but I would strongly discourage it. I also know that if I had seniors, I'd try to disable their accounts for a few days after they drop from the tournament. I've seen too many decent debaters shoot their mouths off on the forum, in a fit of anger at how they were 'screwed', and those words are there forever.

No comments: