If someone who usually is very good about e-mail responses stops responding for a few weeks--- don't assume the worst...
Especially don't assume any of the following:
- the person is dead and nobody thought to tell you.
- the person hates you and never wants to hear from you again.
- the person thinks you are an idiot and no response is possible.
- that you are just being a neurotic grad student who needs to get a life.
- that you are being jerked around like your blog-pal...
- that you'd been kicked out of the 'club' and the person was waiting for you to get a formal letter telling you you'd been kicked out.
Really, self, you will save yourself much trauma this way.