Thursday, December 14, 2006

Almost Done...

4 down, 1 to go...

My afternoon logic section didn't end up doing as well as my 7:45 section. Same exam -- their results are so different that I'd be suspicious of a cheating ring, but the afternoon class took the final yesterday and the morning section took it on Monday. If there was cheating, they suck at it -- because the group that took it last had lower scores :).

My honors class did well -- of course... except for one person who wrote the most hateful and bigoted paper against same-sex marriage that I've ever read. The assignment was to inclue both sides of the argument, which she did not do -- even after I told her to do so on her first draft. Really, she scares me a bit -- she's exactly the kind of non-thinking Christian that gives the rest of Christianity a bad name. She's also the kind of hateful Republican most of my friends and students assume all Republicans are.

I'm not sure why she has a bug up her nose about same sex marriage, but she actually made an argument that says that gay people are bad for society because they know their homosexual activity is wrong, this makes them unhappy and unhappy people are bad for society. Ummm... maybe the fact tht b*tches like you seek to destroy homosexuals makes them unhappy? This comment on her paper was ignored -- of course.

Really, she's the only one in that group I won't miss next semester -- and that is really pretty remarkable.

Today we take care of some details and drive to Red State. I'll bring my last section of grading to do, as well as the laundry. I'll play the good academic wife while hubby grades the final papers and exams from his first semester -- then we'll head back to the great north...

No comments: