Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two weeks at once...

The week after finals week can be weird for me, especially in the summer. The problem is that I'm so used to having a whole bunch of things to do, I get some free-floating anxiety. It took me several years to realize this was just me relaxing -- an the anxiety comes because it feels as if I'm missing something.

Right now, I'm having some of that anxiety. It's finals week -- but I have nothing to grade. My apartment is also pretty clean and my offices (home and school) organized. My Administrivia for being department chair is ready to go -- well before the deadline -- so there is nothing I MUST do, RIGHT NOW!

Sure, I'll have more to grade tomorrow -- and I graded 38 Ethics exams this morning and entered their final grades -- but, right now feels like the first day of summer.

I'm also feeling like those last few days before a trip -- because Hubby comes home day after tomorrow!!! It seems like forever, and -- while his Red State experience didn't end as he'd envisioned, I'm firmly convinced that it'll be the best thing in the end.... but, I want all of that to be here NOW!

Oh, and it's not warm or sunny--- it's really pretty cold and windy..... so it's quite confusing.

1 comment:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

I feel exactly the same way (even down to the weather!). Luckily, I have the upcoming move to keep me busy, but I still find myself anxiously checking email or double-checking my google calendar for a missed appointment or class. The students are gone! With them, most emails and appointments!