Thursday, May 14, 2009

Endings, beginnings & continuing...

Endings...
  • The semester, grading and all that jazz -- at least for a while.
  • Hubby's time in Red State, thus the "L" in the LDR... I had my last wake-up call from Nebraska this morning -- which was nice.
  • I even told the Minion that his time as a one-parent cat is over.... he may not like that concept, he just tried to delete this point... hmmm.
Beginnings...
  • A burst of dissertation writing. If the goal is to have a complete version to Dr. Advisor by September, I'd better get right on it!
  • Hubby and I having more of a "normal" relationship.... although, we've been far from normal for a long, long, long time :) -- and we kind of like it that way.
  • Hubby's adventure in law.
  • My adventure with on-line instruction -- but only in a "hybrid" course, so far.
Continuing...
  • I'm officially re-appointed as department chair for next year.
  • I'll get to work with my wonderful dean again next year, as she's not returning to the classroom quite yet.
  • Somehow, I've ended up with some travel in my future -- possibly a quick trip out of town to a pal's place -- and a quick weekend in NYC with Hubby... but it will be nothing like the commuter-marriage scenario of the last three years.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

What an exciting time for you!!! I am so happy for you!!!