Sunday, March 25, 2007

my last tournament as a coach...

is over, for me and my students... Next year will be strange, but in a good way. I won't come to this tournament next year (I swear!!!!) -- the timing won't be good and since I won't have competitors here, I think it is time to say enough is enough.

I'm excited for D2 and D3 (D2's new partner -- who, by the way, is both nice and smart --) -- they did well at this tournament... the best performance in the 'upper midwest' (for all it is worth... hmmm) they also got great news about their debate program.

I saw some friends, talked to some people I don't consider friends and generally had a good time while getting sick and losing my voice. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and eager to get home tomorrow night -- to some solitude and some cats who are missing me.

This afternoon we'll probably play in the mountains near this little mountain town...

later, someone will win a national championship title --- other people will lose rounds and everyone will start talking about what they are going to do next. Thus is the way of debate.

I'll probably have a few more posts on the subject, later -- when I'm not fried.

No comments: