Friday, March 02, 2007

Another snow day, no hubby... sigh.

So, it seems that the Corn state can't handle a bit of snow. Hubby's theory is that they don't want to pay overtime at the end of the snow season, so they close the interstate... I'm not sure that is the case, but from the reports it doesn't seem that the storm warrants the roads being closed for two full days.

Tomorrow, he's plotting an escape from Red State. Armed with maps of Red State and "South" state he's going to make a push for BN state. If he can get to the main road into BN state, it is open -- although not in great condition according to the website.

Also, my experiment in being a hermit ended this evening... I went over 30 hours without seeing another human face to face... then, the microwave died in a shower of sparkes and some smoke... and I wanted popcorn. So, being the good BN state-native that I am, I went to Best Buy for a new one about 6:30 PM. While I was there, I got the most recent season of Seinfeld.

I'm sure that, had the microwave not died, I would have stayed in until at least tomorrow -- and been pretty happy about it. I'm sure part of this is because I've been gone so often since the end of last year -- I'm just loving my little apartment and am happy to be hibernating.

I left Best Buy about 7:00 PM.... I wonder how long it will be before I see another person, in person.

No comments: