Friday, October 20, 2006

Now that I'm here, I want to stay...

I'm in Red State for a tournament. I'm also applying for positions here -- and I would really like to get one.

I'm in a tricky position -- and one for which I need some advise.

Do I spill the beans about hubby working here as a motivation for my application?

On one side...the school that doesn't know him has had a couple of t-t hires not work out-- one came from a fancy-pants school and wasn't happy at Red State school. The other had a spouse in another state and found employment elsewhere... so the stability answer may go a long way...

On the other hand, I hated the "I want to live in your city" answers as reasons to apply to our CC...

Maybe what I'll do is to leak it when I drop off my application, but not have it as part of my actual interview.

What do you think?

1 comment:

StyleyGeek said...

How about mentioning it in the interview, but not as your first reason? You could give some other strong reasons for wanting the job there first, and then sort of tack onto the end that also your husband is there. If you are convincing enough about the other reasons, I don't think it would sound bad. And you are right that it might give you an edge to come across as someone who would be in it for the long haul.