Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lonesome for my office...

This time of the debate season, I start to miss working in my office. I miss having some time to chat with my pals on the hallway. I miss the casual conversations in the copy room and the goofy atmosphere on Friday afternoons.

I think this is increased this year, what with me being out of town so much and leaving on Thursdays.

In November I'll be home over Thanksgiving weekend, but that is probably the extent of it... I'll be in Red State twice and in the Cheese state with the debaters another weekend. This means that I leave my office about 11:00 AM, pack and go away...

The casualty in all of this are those nice comfotaing casual relationships... the small talk hubby dislikes, I find I miss. In normal offices it would be watercooler talk. I had a decent amount of that today, for a change -- I had some time to chat with Wise Woman, a little with Dog Dad, Debate Coach and Roomie...

I also had news, via another friend, of Dog Mom's new job -- she loves her new place and school and can't wait until her hubby can join her... although I miss her, I'm happy she is well.

No comments: