Sunday, October 29, 2006

home for a few days...

This is a short week back in BN state... I got home tonight (Sunday) and leave again on Thursday. Effectively, three full days until I see the hubby again.. not so bad.

The drive home wasn't too bad -- somehow the Corn state grows every f-ing time I have to cross it... but this time my new car sterio with the ipod connector made it easier. Now I'm going to have to make a bunch of 6 hour long playlists to get me across the state... lots of Swear Jar's music, Flogging Molly and other stuff that makes me drive fast....

This weekend I got a haircut. My hairdresser has finally (after 12 or so years cutting my hair) decided to give in to the curl. This is because her own hair is getting more curly as she gets older and she's figured out how nice it is to just put some product in it and go.... I've been a wash-and-go girl for a loooong time, so it is nice that she finally figured out that there are better things to do in life than to mess with hair that can look decent without all the messing.

I also got ALL the laundry done in the homeowner's snazzy washer and dryer. I love their washer, it is one with out a central agitator and a lot of computerized settings. The dryer is also highly computerized with lots of cool features -- maybe my favorite feature is the estimation of how long it will take to complete the cycle. That let me watch more Boston Legal on DVD... as I didn't have to keep checking it to seeif it is done. Our laundry is currently filing four large laundry bags, all folded and waiting for me to put it away--- hmmm... wish there were little laundry elves to do that...

Hubby and I even got to Coldstone, finally -- I'd been saying we should go for weeks... and according to hubby, it is my duty to remember to go. The only thing we didn't get done was the pumpkin carving -- hubby will have to do that and the trick-or-treaters on his own.

I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight (on clean sheets -- ) and do my class prep and some grading in the morning before I go to school. I have some incentive, as I don't have class for Tuesday and Wednesday this week done.... which is very unusual for me. it is just that time of the year --

No comments: