Sunday, October 22, 2006

aaah -- home....

It is nice to be back in BN state... As the inside joke goes, it is nice to know math again... ( a slam on the corn state we spend lots of time traversing to get here...). We made it home from Red State in 5:45, with two short pit stops -- I'm getting this team trained to travel with me. I don't mind driving a few hours at a time and I hate to stop for more than about 10 minutes...

I came home to find that the cat-children are fine and were happy after I filled the food dishes with oldest cat's food, which they all love.

this week...
I got my logic exams graded at the marathon tournament, but I didn't get any of the papers done... so Tuesday will probably be a coffee shop grading day this week. This week is a light teaching week, as my logic classes have class time to work on group projects about logical fallacies. This means I'll be in my office, but not presenting in front of the class. I'm also doing team conferences in debate this week, as both of my competitive teams have had three tournaments and it is time to evaluate strengths and weaknesses, new strategies and goals for the year. Doing this earlier is nearly impossible with a new team, as they don't know what they are talking about.

I'd also like to get at least part of our January travel plans settled -- before ticket prices increase. Hubby is doing a seminar in a warm, dry southwestern state and I'm going with him to hang out at the Holiday Inn and work on dissertation stuff in the relative solidarity of a hotel room. I can't wait -- it will be nice. In order to do this, I also have to book the team's airline tickets to Colorao for January, as I'll be meeting them there at the end of our time in the sun.

No comments: