Thursday, March 26, 2009

A little bit of gloating...

NPKUREASTE nationals went well.

We had a good host school, we had good resolutions, we had a fair process for resolving disputes and we ran pretty much on time.

Yea, we kicked *ss.

The 'other' nationals, last year -- was a disaster. I only found out how much of a disaster it actually was after talking with folks at 'our' nationals. We share programs, for the most part, so it pains me to hear that my friends had such a terrible time last year -- BUT, it kind of makes me giggle a little that we are so consistently better than they are. They're older, democratic, and generally look down our noses at 'our' nationals... but, we're innovative, follow our own established rules and fix our mistakes. Clearly, we rock.

Several of my good friends are running the 'other' nationals, so I hope it goes well for them -- really, I don't want them to have the nightmare experience that so many 'other' nationals have been in the past. On the other hand, if it isn't quite as good as 'our' nationals -- that would be ok too....

No comments: