Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm amazed...

... at what I can do without more distractions.

I'm at Hubby's for spring break -- so, I'm without most of my regular distractions.

Instead, I have my books, a radio and my laptop. Hubby teaches every day this week -- until we go to the homeland of the unwashed hippie on Friday...

Yesterday and earlier this morning I came up with a complete first version of chapter 2.

Just now I came up with the general shape of half of chapter 3. The other half will take more work -- because I need to create jus pre bellum standards out of my own little head....

By the way, Latin scholars -- is "jus pre bellum" the correct term for justice before the war? I want to distinguish it from jus ad bellum -- which may already mean "justice before war" but is used by just war writers to describe the conditions necessary to start a just war-- if so, then I need some other term to talk about the ethics of pre-conflict coercion.

Tomorrow I'll keep working on Chapter 3, Thursday I'll work on Chapter 1 --- and maybe Dr. Advisor will get the whole shebang pretty soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think "jus ante bellum" or maybe "jus prior bellum" would be better? "pre" is a prefix, but I don't know of it standing on its own as an independent word in Latin. And ante bellum has an analogue in talking about the period before the Civil War (though squished together as one word).