Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Death, illness and surgury...

In my e-mail...

One student who I know is fighting cancer... she's had a set-back. I know she'll do the work, but she's struggling in a variety of ways.

One student who has a mom in for surgury.... I wonder if she's really the only one who can take her and why she didn't listen to my announcement about how to get the take home exam if you aren't in class... makes me suspicious..

One student whose grandpa died... today -- the logic quiz is also today. Would it be unfair to expect him to come take the flipping quiz.... I was a softie and let him do some make-up with some sort of documentation -- but, I wonder.

I wonder -- especially about the last two. Today is Valentine's day and my class is late in the afternoon....

No comments: