Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Writing -- progress

So -- the Ethics area paper is over 10,000 words--- and will probably top 11,000 by the time I'm done. It is currently 33 pages, and mostly good if I do say so myself. I'd love to be able to give parts of this to my students as an assignment about just war theory... we'll see in the fall if I'm really that brave.

As it is, it is a completed project --- now it needs to rest for a day and then I can do the first full revision.

I spent the crucial end of paper writing time at the coffee shop and later at a local college library (not mine... too many people to talk to... bad, bad, bad -- and, about 15 minutes further down the road from this one anyway...) I haven't worked there before, but I really liked it. The chairs were comfortable, it wasn't too hot and it was nice and quiet.

After I finished I went to Border's looking for "Fat girls and lawnchairs" -- I had to order that, but I got some other books as a treat for myself.

Hubby is also making good progress on his dissertation... he's got the framework figured out and had a brainstorm that would allow him to be done much sooner than he originally thought -- now he just has to convince his supervisor (who isn't as nice as mine... but is just as smart...).

Tomorrow I'm going to school to do the handouts for the conference next week. It will be nice to work on something that is very short-term and feels more like teaching.

Thursday and Friday will be writing days-- probably finishing the ethics paper. Saturday is niece's high school graduation party... Sunday I'll write some more so I can get the thing mailed on Monday. I leave for Utah on Tuesday--- and by then I'll be ready for some reflection... of course, I'll have to take the metaphysics/epistemology paper with me... aargh... but, I don't have much of a choice.

No comments: