Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Now reading: "Revenge of the Paste Eaters"

This book is really good... it is subtitled "memoiirs of a misfit" It is by Cheryl Peck-- she uses psuedonyms and it has all the good characteristics of a good blog... you have to get copy.

She writes about her path to becoming a fat 50ish lesbian.... with amazing wit and self-deprecating humor.

I'd give you a great quote -- but we are about to go to dinner and I want to read more... sorry...

if you get the book, the bit about the popcans at the start of 'the pagoda fund" is what I'm tempted to post... maybe i'll edit it in later..

3 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Did you read _Fat Girls and Lawn Chairs_ first?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

No, this is the first book of her's I've read -- I have to find "Fat Girls and Lawn Chairs" when I get home!

comebacknikki said...

Fat Girls is her first book - it focuses on her childhood. I was curious if you had read it b/c several of the characters that show up in Paste Eaters are explained in Fat Girls.