Monday, May 15, 2006

Domestic -- what a productive day...

At school...
This morning I finished my Teaching Circle notebook -- my last official committment for the semester.

I also organized the debate cases, so they just need to be scanned and copied for next semester -- YEA!

Then, I picked up the books and miscelaneous stuff I need to bring home (my tennis shoes and my plant -- it would die before I came back...) and left the office until sometime in late July or early August. ... at least, that is what I think now... we'll see if it actually happens :).

Running around..
The Jeep had a light on indicating it was in 4WD, when it wasn't... turns out that it really WAS just a swich. Hubby and I took it in (I was prepared for a big, scary car repair bill) -- hubby played with the handle and the light went out. We left without owing them anything. Yippee...

We sent the video recorder off for some free warranty work (yea, another thing fixed, no money from us)... mailed some other stuff, returned the carpet cleaner (cats, baaaaad cats...) and headed up to another car place for an oil change, transmission fluid change etc... and a wash and clean inside. For much less than I thought we'd pay at the dealer, we have a nice clean Jeep to take on the road to Colorado on Friday. YEA!

At the Mall....
Lunch (lupper, really -- about 3:30) at Big Bowl and a trip to Franklin Covey for new planner pages. Most of my stuff was discounted, on-sale AND I got the education discount. Good deal there too!

At home...
I started an office muck-out Saturday by throwing away four paper bags worth of stuff. Yesterday I threw away another 5 paper bags worth of stuff, plus two white trash bags full of dried flowers (dust catchers -- and I'm allergic... not smart..). Today hubby, hubby's buddy and i rearranged furniture and I put back all the remaining stuff in my new feeling office. YEA!!!!

Now, it is late and I should go to bed -- but, maybe I'll look at my office a bit more before I go to bed.

Tomorrow:
--- make a list of pre-vacation chores and go to the library for the trip out west... we've got to have good philosophy reading for the mountains...

---- make an appointment at my favorite hair salon in Omaha for Saturday morning. We are staying right across the street and if I don't get an appointment I'm gong to have BAAAD hair in all the vacaiton photos.... and I can't have that.

---- make a pedicure appointment, as I can't go on vacation with bad toes.

---- remind hubby to get us a couple of good books on ipod for the trips across the plains.... Iowa and Nebraska on the way out, South Dakota on the way back... We know from experience that the selections are limited out there.

---- find the debate travel bag, as it has all of our nifty car accessories (ipod transmitter, converter from cig lighter to regular power and miscelaneous chargers... a MUST find... we are a family who can't go far without elecronics.

2 comments:

T-Mac said...

I need to get good road trip books soon too....

T-Mac said...

RYC: nope, not going on that particular road trip this summer, although I will be going to Montana. :-)