Sunday, May 07, 2006

Domestic -- blogging from the balcony

BN state is paradise right now -- the trees have their early green leaves, the grass is green and the temprature is about 70ish..

Thanks to the wonders of wireless internet, I'm blogging from my newly rearranged balcony. I have a bunch of flowers (yellow and white this year -- pansies, daisys and a couple of other things that looked good at Home Depot), some herbs and a lot less pigeon shit than earlier today. Mommy and Daddy Pigeon will have to get used to me, because I'm here to stay until it gets too hot. If and when I ever figure out how to do stuff like post photos, I'll post a photo of my balcony --

We live on the third floor, so I have a good view of the neighborhood. Across the street is a semi-assisted living facility. They are pretty quiet now, since it is getting late (on old folks time) -- tomorrow morning I expect the usual elder-ride busses to come about every 20 mintues or so for trips to the doctor. Thursday is shop at Target day and Friday morning is grocery day... if you need to practice patience, I suggest shopping on their shopping days.

It is good to see them out in the sunshine -- my balcony overlooks their parking lot and the table and chairs they have set up -- that seem intended for the residents to wait for rides etc... out in the sun. If I lean a little I can see their flower garden.

Down the way a little bit is an apartment building kind of like ours -- about the same age with three stories. I like to feel a little bit superior to them, as our garages are under the buileing and theirs are behind it -- so you have to go outside after parking your car in the garage... Of course, somone blogging from their deck looking over here would feel superior because they have an indoor pool while ours is more of a Canadian goose swimming hole in the parking lot.

The traffic is light tonight, there was some excitement earlier when the police were after someone with their sirens on -- but, they didn't stop here so it wasn't too exciting. The neighbor kids are in for dinner and homework time -- school doesn't end until early June (poor dears -- I give my only final tomorrow YEA!!!!).

As for wildlife, I can hear the birds and the omni-present geese. I haven't seen the squirrel who lives in the hole by our patio recently -- maybe the maniac maintenence guy finally got him in a "Caddy Shack"-esq battle they've been waging. I love our squirell (hubby thinks we could get eyelashes from him... see an earlier post :) ) but I like that he just lays on his tummy in the flower pots and takes a nap...

I can see the top of Mommy Pigeon's head from here. She's watching me -- i don't blame her after what the maniac maintenece guy did to her last set of eggs a while back.

I like the new arrangement and I think this will be a good place to grade, work and read until things get hot -- then in the fall it will be good again until it gets too cold.

No comments: