Sunday, January 29, 2006

Public / private personal stuff

One of my favorite rant blogs BitchPhD brings up the problem of situations where people read the blog and make conclusions...

Her situation is pretty extreme, in that a sister-in-law pretty much advised her husband to leave her and take their son with him. She did this, she said, because she read BitchPhD's blog and concluded that their marriage was unhealthy.

The problem is that Bitch PhD's blog, like many others, is a mechanism by which she can blow off stress and possibly find support for her problems. It isn't a complete picture of their relationship.

Although it may seem like I blog about EVERY thought I have -- this isn't really the case, and I'd just like to go on the record now to say that I too blog about stuff I'm worried about or am pissed-off about --- no conclusions should be made about my overall life based on these posts.

Of course, some things should be constant ---- I love both hubby and my debaters (although, clearly not in the same way..). My students will continue to amaze and frustrate me (often using the same mechanisms) and I'll continue to think of BN state debate as "the special Olympics of debate" -- as long as that isn't seen as insulting or pejorative to real Special Olympians..

No comments: