Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Debate update, Once again to the big MO

You know when Kirksville, MO is on your WAY TO someplace (not the hell that forces you to stop) - that you are going too far in that freaking car..

D1 got invited to a prestigious tournament this weekend.... so, of course hubby and I are going. This time tomorrow we'll be close to being there... the lovely tournament hotel, probably has wireless etc...

Next weekend I take D1 & D2, Rex & Mr. Souless to a tournament in my old stomping grounds... will be nice to see the old friends again... I'm not so sure Rex Mr. Souless will be up to the challenge, but only time and the tournament will tell. Mr. Souless hasn't competed before, but he is as naturally born a debater as D2 or hubby... so it should be interesting. He's intense on a normal day, I can't wait to see what he's like with a little adreneline in him.

I'm hoping to take D1 & D2 and maybe another team or so to Notre Dame -- if we have the cash and aren't exhausted...

I'm also hoping to have 4 teams, D1/D2, Rex /Souless, Herbie /newbie, Mr. Wilson /new kid -- at a fairly local tournament next month. If they all work out, or don't fall apart -- we could have a decent nationals squad. I'd love to beat some of the fake/cheating CCs out there with a team of students whose ONLY school is BNCC.... that would kick ass.

Also, D1 got scholarship offers from two more schools this week -- one private school in CA, another public school in the inter-mountain west. Pretty freaking cool to have 4 offers... he's hoping for Whitman -- I'd love to see him get it and he seems to be resisting getting his hopes up...

No comments: