Friday, January 30, 2009

Final conference stuff...

  • During sessions a guy I think of as 'origami guy' sits in back and makes beautiful things out of folded paper. He's Australian and gave a pretty smart presentation. I'm not sure if this is common at Australian conferences, but I found it charming.
  • I'm happy not to be seeing the 'old nutty woman' -- who managed to derail Q & A sessions with her weird slant on things -- and her irrational hate of the government.
  • I wonder if 'we can take one short question' has a different definition in Canada -- as the last session today ended with a rambling non-question -- which was frustrating because I had a succinct and rather pressing question... grrr.
  • I also saw three different beaches today -- and saw the sunset over the Pacific. I go home tomorrow -- and that's ok, I've done it all.

1 comment:

julie said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely, productive time. I hope mine will be just as much so in March in San Francisco!

P.S. My word verification is "ecticks" - which is sort of close to what it is you're dissertating about!