Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conference updates, 1

  • There is a huge advantage to going west for a conference -- my internal clock is still on Central time, so I'm wide awake at about 5AM... Thus, good parking spot and no traffic when I was lost on the way here.
  • This city is beautiful -- really.
  • While lost I was in some residential neighborhood -- and faced a downhill street so steep it scared me. I felt like I was driving on a rollercoaster. It's a good thing it never snows here, the folks at the top would crash down and if they lived at the top, it would be impossible for them to get home.
  • This conference has a lot of folks in uniform -- kind of odd.
  • There is a dude carrying around his dry cleaning. I'm sure it is his suit jacket, but -- really, take it out of the bag.
  • I hope I can make it back to the hotel in time for Hell's Kitchen -- as I don't know if my DVR is working or if I've set it to record.... and I'd hate to miss Ramsey giving it to a new group.

No comments: