Sunday, October 07, 2007

Random bullets of complaint and procrastination...

  • Hubby is having more issues with the house sitting deal... there is a never-ending construction project in the basement that is beyond his control, and now the hot water isn't working. We've never paid rent someplace that was such a pain... hmmm...
  • Of course, no hot water means we have to go to the gym -- to shower, so we might as well work out too.
  • I'm avoiding grading -- even looking at curriculum revision documents seemed like a good idea. Now I've read all the blogs in Vienna, so I'm running out of ways to procrastinate reasonably.....
  • Miss Teen South Carolina's phrase "Some US Americans don't haaave maps" has become our code for, "what a dumb-ass". We use it frequently.
  • Hubby's current video game has a voice that sounds like it is saying, "insufficient lesbian gas" -- I suppose some of my friends need to eat more beans or something??
  • I should really do the last of that grading so I can get to my paper revisions.... on the other hand, the grading could be done on the airplane ride home....
  • NO, I can't talk myself out of grading...
  • We saw Halloween costumes for pets at Target this morning. Do I dare get costumes for Blind Kitty, Extra-Toes and New Kitty? Blind kitty wouldn't know what was going on, so he'd probably let me put it on him -- then who knows what would happen. Extra-toes would tolerate it, because he's that kind of cat. He'd just sulk in the corner until I took it off... New Kitty would probably turn into a little whirlwind with claws -- Maybe it isn't such a good idea.

5 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Halloween costumes for pets? That is just wrong.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I think the idea is to put them on dogs, but they have sizes that would be small enough to put on my cats...

I do think it is both wrong and a waste of time... but, then again people put sweaters on dogs, so there is probably a market.

I got a lot more humor out of thinking about my cats' reactions than actually visualizing them in the things...

Anonymous said...

okay, so i'm totally sick...like I haven't eaten anything solid since thursday...and I'm feeling a little better and reading some blogs...and reading that you've turned "but some us americans don't haaaave maps" into a catchphrase just brightened my whole evening.

and my husband wonders why i watch pageants. The last two I watched involved a miss USA falling flat on her backside and that little gem of a response from miss south carolina, which so ironically answered the question without answering the question.

Newell said...

Hello,
I found no way of contacting you privately so please excuse that this post isn't topical to the thread.

I'm bound by class requirements to inform you that I'm a student at GWU and that I will be following your blog for a while as part of an assignment. I hope you don't mind.

Thanks

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Hi Roland,

I don't mind that you are following my blog as part of a class assignment.

I'd be interested in knowing what the assignment is -- once you are finished with it. Feel free to post it in any comment thread -- if I think it is worthy of discussion I'll start a new thread.