Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Academic / political / blogger geek threats....

Hubby is a major contributor to a political blog. I'd link to it, but he writes under his own name and that would make things just a little less anonymous than I'd like. This year their blog has increased their number of daily and weekly hits significantly. Today something happened that will probably increase their hits to about 10,000 for the day.

I don't keep a hit counter, but I know I haven't had that many hits in the past couple of years and that is really ok with me.

I told hubby that I was "selective" with my readers -- as most of my readers either know me in person or know me because I commented on their blogs at some point and caught their interest.

He countered with "I'll link to you with the phrase, 'here's a highly critical article about [insert name of presidential candidate with the initials R. P., whose followers are a bit nuts].

I countered with, "I'll write a post about how you are more obstreperous than R. P.".....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am a totally random reader. Is that creepy? Your blog was linked from Philosophy Job Market Blog which was linked from... well, I don't remember where it was linked from, but I'm pretty sure the chain begins with Brian Leiter's blog. So, uh... hi?

- grad student

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Philosophy Factory... things around here are pretty random, as my life is probably as crazy as that of other academics...

Arbitrista said...

Oh, I wish I knew which blog he wrote for! But I understand about being selective. I used to get discouraged that my blog wasn't bigger, but I'm over it.

I think.