Monday, May 21, 2007

A modest goal for the summer...

I have a goal.

It is a simple goal. One that I should be able to achieve.

This goal may seem easy for some of you, but I haven't been able to actually do this thing for the last three years -- at least.

I want to stay in BN state for the whole month.

I don't want to cross the state border in any direction -- even Canada is out -- and I LOOOVE Canada.

I just want to know what it feels like to stay home for a while.

I realized recently that for the past three years or so, I've left the state at least once per month. The combination of debate coaching, debate camp in the summer, a general love of travel, out of state family functions and hubby working in Red State has kept me moving.

Don't get me wrong, I love to travel. I get kind of restless when I haven't been out of town for a bit. I love to see other parts of the country, meet strange people, see strange things and eat strange food. I suppose that is why it has taken three years of pretty consistent travelling to make me think that staying home for a whole month is a desireable goal.

We'll see how long this staying home thing lasts.... it isn't even June 1 and I'm already getting a bit twitchy... hmmm. Of course, BN state's north woods don't count, so we could go camping....


Seeking Solace said...

Sounds good to me!!!!

Shea said...

Haha, this so sounds like my 'goal' of living in the same house/apt for more than three months at a time.

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

It's good to have goals!