Monday, May 21, 2007

A modest goal for the summer...

I have a goal.

It is a simple goal. One that I should be able to achieve.

This goal may seem easy for some of you, but I haven't been able to actually do this thing for the last three years -- at least.

I want to stay in BN state for the whole month.

I don't want to cross the state border in any direction -- even Canada is out -- and I LOOOVE Canada.

I just want to know what it feels like to stay home for a while.

I realized recently that for the past three years or so, I've left the state at least once per month. The combination of debate coaching, debate camp in the summer, a general love of travel, out of state family functions and hubby working in Red State has kept me moving.

Don't get me wrong, I love to travel. I get kind of restless when I haven't been out of town for a bit. I love to see other parts of the country, meet strange people, see strange things and eat strange food. I suppose that is why it has taken three years of pretty consistent travelling to make me think that staying home for a whole month is a desireable goal.

We'll see how long this staying home thing lasts.... it isn't even June 1 and I'm already getting a bit twitchy... hmmm. Of course, BN state's north woods don't count, so we could go camping....

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Sounds good to me!!!!

Shea said...

Haha, this so sounds like my 'goal' of living in the same house/apt for more than three months at a time.

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

It's good to have goals!