Sunday, May 04, 2008

So -- we're going to Vegas...

We got some good financial news -- (back pay from last July) YEA!!!! And, while we'll stash the majority of it, we decided to book a trip to Vegas.

We'll have three and a half days, three nights at the Luxor --- for under $650 air and hotel--- which is pretty good. Since I don't gamble, I'll spend pool time with my books while hubby (hopefully) wins some cash at poker. I do need to remember to bring my own books, as it wasn't easy to find books in Vegas last time...

Between now and then, I want a draft of the first dissertation chapter to hit the 'percolation' pile.... and maybe a sketch of chapter 2....

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

YAY!!! You both deserve some fun time. Enjoy!!!

Bitty said...

it wasn't easy to find books in Vegas last time...

That gave me quite a laugh! When I think Vegas, no, I don't think books. I think gambling and quickie weddings and murder (CSI). BYOB!

I hope you have a splendid time. That really does sound like a reasonably-priced vacation.