Monday, May 19, 2008

RBO... the day....

  • Today was my first official day of summer. That means I worked on my dissertation and went to the gym. I'm making progress on the chapter, so I'm pretty sure I'll make my goal of having a decent draft by the end of the week.
  • The gym will open the outdoor pool on Friday (I hope) -- to kick off the first day of a season of outdoor water aerobics! It's a good thing my hat arrived just in time -- I had to order from Big Melon Gear ), 'cuz I have a big head...
  • There are lots of geese an ducks in the water features outside our apartment. It is fun to see the little ones.
  • I officially love our apartment -- for the washer/dryer. I let the laundry pile up. At our old place, it would have taken me days to get caught up -- between trips down the hall to the pay washer and our rude neighbors, it wasn't easy to get the stuff done. Between Hubby and I, we sorted, washed, and folded a lot of it yesterday -- and I finished the rest today.... and, we don't have to worry about it getting stolen, left on the counter or otherwise handled by the other residents of the building.
  • I have all the flowers, veggies and herbs planted on my deck -- now, if only it would get a little warmer so I could comfortably sit out there.
  • My three domestic goals for the summer are to keep up on the laundry, dishes and plants... It shouldn't be too hard, since doing dishes is one thing I do to try to get un-stuck when I'm writing. Folding laundry is kind of nice, because I get to see the clean piles of clothes go into the closet... and it feels as if I'm actually getting something done. The plants make me happy -- and give me good stuff to eat.

No comments: