Thursday, May 15, 2008

another reason to love my logic final....

... besides being quick to grade, they separate the cheaters from their cheatees...

I realized this when I looked at the paper of a suspected cheater just now... I couldn't prove it, but the students sit close together, act like a couple and get similar grades -- sounds pretty suspicious. One of them had poor performance on the first quiz and had to re-take it -- so I thought she was the cheater -- it turns out the other one was... until I saw his final exam...

The thing is, peeking at your neighbor will get you enough to get a B on any logic quiz.

In order to be exempt from the exam, you need to have an A on one of the last three quizzes -- so, cheaters tend not to be exempt from the exam. She was exempt and he wasn't.

So -- the people whose papers they peek at aren't there to peek at anymore....

and they have to do the problems themselves.

Funny how he did pretty well on the quizzes, but easier problems on the final stumped him.

I can't prove he was cheating earlier, but suffice it to say that I'm pretty content giving him the grade he's earned.

No comments: