Friday, June 27, 2008

Overall, a good day!

Since my mastectomy, my surgeon has avoided me like she owed me money...

Finally, today I told the nurse that my surgery was two weeks ago today and nobody but me, Hubby and Mom have seen the incision... that got her attention, and presto -- an appointment appeared today.

Today she took out both drains -- so I don't have any tubes hanging out of me... YEA!!!!!!

She also took out every other staple across the incision... and she saw a place that might be a little bit infected, so she prescribed some antibiotics.

I'll see her again on Tuesday to take out the rest of the staples...

Right now I'm going to have a little nap --- and later, a shower without anything hanging from me!!! That will be the first one since before my lumpectomy on June 2...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray for no tubes hanging out of you!