Saturday, February 23, 2008

yea -- I like it....

There is something scary about the Supreme Emergency paper I'm working on right now...

I like it. I think it is well-written, insightful, common sense and generally good.

That is what scares me -- what if the people who read it don't like it?

It isn't done yet -- I have three or four paragraphs to write -- mostly adjustments from previous versions. I have a good idea as to how those paragraphs are going to go. I also have a few paragraphs that need to be re-worked a bit -- because they are clunky and don't fit with the others.

Maybe by the time I send it, I'll like it a bit less... in case the people who read it don't like it as much as I do....

---for now, I'm going to get a pedicure and let this sit in my head for a while... reading some fashion magazines while someone polishes my toes is just about the right way to get some perspective on this paper.. and, besides, pedicures feel good :).

Update -- it is 26 pages, 8, 320 words and I still don't hate it. Maybe I'll dislike it more tomorrow when I've picked over the grammar, looked up endless details and otherwise obsessed over the text and the 60 footnotes... For now, I'm gong to watch some NCSI... or maybe go to the gym for a lazy swim...

another update --- in a secret message to Dr. Adviser... ok --you were right at our last meeting -- just wait to see what I've done with the paper. You may not love it, but I don't think you'll completely disagree.

No comments: