Friday, February 01, 2008

Just War and Harry Potter...

I'm so, so, so, sooo tempted to revise this paper using the Harry Potter series as a metaphor... Voldemort represents a supreme-emergency sort of threat. I know I shouldn't and I'm sure I won't do it... but, it is really tempting. I'd guess that although the reviewers may be familiar with Harry, they probably haven't seen a serious philosophy paper using Harry as the topic... so, I'll resist the temptation.

I have a section I've called "Doctrine of Defense in Dark Times" -- which really needs a new name I just can't conjure up. When I was presenting this section last week, I made a side-comment about Harry Potter... and one of the questions called the doctrine "Defense Against the Dark Arts" -- so he clearly got the reference....

No comments: