Friday, November 20, 2009

It's nice to be working at home...

... and, I missed all the excitement...

"About 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 20, there was an electrical fire on the West Campus of BNCC in a small second-floor maintenance room near the theatre. The fire was contained in that area and resulted in a power outage. One minor injury was reported. People were evacuated from the building and classes were cancelled for the remainder of the day. The West Campus remains closed at this time, pending the repair to the electrical system. Faculty, staff and students will be allowed to enter the building at the main commons entrance to retrieve personal belongings until 4:30 p.m."

This is just upstairs from my office --and just down the hall from both classrooms I use.


I'm going to start taking my house and car keys to class -- just in case.

2 comments:

julie said...

Yeah, I just read this, too, as I'm working at home.

I was planning to go to campus Saturday morning, actually, so I wonder if the building will be open.

Weird, huh?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

If I'd been there, I'd have thought it was just another false alarm.