Tuesday, November 03, 2009

hmmm... faculty edition...

Funny how things work...

  • The Squeeky Wheel faculty situation continues a bit -- but, I found out something interesting just now... part of the issue seems to be that one member of the discipline doesn't know how to use the copy machine. This person has been here at least three years -- but, come to think of it, I haven't seen hir at the copy machine...

So, I taught hir to make copies today. Maybe that will make things easier...
  • Another person outside my department is cranks... for good reasons, but those things aren't my fault. I'm not sure how cranks is going to get this resolved -- but, I suspect that complaining about it to me isn't going to do any good. I suppose what kind of irritates me is that this problem is something I predicted three years ago -- but, was told that wasn't a problem. Well -- welcome to the problem.

I also got a flyer from Biology Products... Inside the flyer I can order "preserved cats" -- they range in price from $20.50 to $45.00 each... They have a photo of a sad preserved kitty ... and a not that "we also stock skinned cats; see our catalog or our website for pricing"

-- ummm, no.... although, I could take the flyer home and hang it at 'cat level' as a warning... Do you think the Queen and the Minion would shape up?

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

I've never heard of a person being copy machine illiterate. Unless you have one seriously complicated copy machine.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I know -- isn't it weird. He says he sends stuff from his computer, but he hasn't figured out how to put his employee tech ID and cost center into the key pad to make it work.

The copier itself is really basic...